Sunday, January 30

Curry Zoweee!!

I have seen more spellings of Karuizawa in the past month then I can handle. Or I suppose I should say mis-spellings, I have written most of them and I had a nun for a teacher once who would have whacked my hand raw with her yard-stick for being such a dunce. I miss her quite a bit actually. Sister Syncleta, RIP.

No matter how you spell it, our gals are headed there on Tuesday, Feb. the oneth and neither Japan nor our gals will ever be the same. I am reminded of the song popular after one of the Wars to end all Wars, "How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen Paree'".

The ladies are scheduled to visit a Sumo wrestling practice session early one morning and I fear at least one of them may want to take up a new sport and sign up on the spot. Don't even really want to think of her wearing one of those elaborate thongs though. Maybe she will resist and just take pictures instead.

The Team proceeds almost directly to Karuizawa and spends 7 days curling and other related activities in that beautiful mountain town. Then 3 days and nights amidst the brite lites of Tokyo, the Ginza for shopping, the famous Roppongi area, which is the centre for nitelife in Tokyo and just in case they wanted to bring home something really nice for a fabulously supportitive fan, the Akihabara, THE PLACE to buy discounted electronic geek stuff.

The Team will be meeting with the President of one of their wonderful sponsors, JVC or the Japan Victor Company, which is a great honour, and have a very busy schedule set up for their stay in Tokyo.

Some nice folks from the Karuizawa curling community have sent us a link to a website for the event so clik on the title of this post or the LINK at the bottom to be whisked to the Far East for up to date info.

I must admit it is a little bit challenging to navigate the 3 different sites linked, some are in Japanese and English, some not, but I suspect that once things get underway we will be able to track the progress of this event.

I will post anything I garner, gather or get sent. Now it is time to go practice chopsticks, and no, I don't own a piano.

Arigato (not the Greek guy with the ships)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home