Sunday, January 2

Onward & Onward

Well dear friends, I keep having to tell myself it is really Sunday and not Monday which is a continuation of a problem I have been having for a week now. For some reason, having Christmas on a Saturday is hard on the old Circadian rythm, which, as many of you know, is not the same rythm which keeps Catholic women from becoming with child. Surprisingly, neither of these rythms have anything to do with those ugly little bugs which make all the noise on hot summer nights.

My New Years resolution is to light a candle, or maybe sacrifice a couple of Christmas Cookies to make my case for a permanent Wednesday Christmas celebration. That ought to max out the old holiday squeeze on employers and make it easier for me to keep track of. I know, I know, why didn't they just think of this 2005 years ago? Likely they were going for the weekend rate on the manger.

Which brings me to my point, and I do have one, that it is Sunday Jan. 2, 2005, and therefore only 5 more wake-ups until the action starts in our Regional Playdowns on Friday, Jan. 7, 2005.

This year, our Region is holdng their playdowns in Norwich Ontario. At the Norwich District Curling Club, which, according to our precious OCA Club Directory, has a Name and a District number, (15), but no phone, no fax, no email, no website and we do not appear to know how many sheets it has. How about that.

There is a map, which shows downtown Norwich in great detail. Unfortunately, it gives absolutely no clue as to the location of said downtown, which could very well be near Cobalt.

Not to fear however, here are some facts to help you out and if I can figure out how to do it I will post a real map which may be more helpful.

Norwich District Curling Club is in beautiful downtown Norwich at the intersection of Phebe (sic) and Main. Phone is 519-863-3932.

As you can see by the posted map, the town is on Hwy.(or Regional Road) 14, almost directly south of the intersection of Hwy's. 403 and 401 which occurs near Woodstock.

I hope some of you can make it out to cheer on our gals as they continue their march to the Ontario STOH.

I will get back to you when I have details of the draw and game times.

WG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home